Monday, February 15, 2010

Caardvarks Challenge Card

Hello everyone,

I've a really special card for you tonight. The Caardvarks blog is sponsoring a publication challenge. The winner's card will be published in the July 2010 issue of Cards Magazine. The challenge was make a wedding card.


The card base is from Recollections. It was textured with Stampin' Up's Cornelli Lace Wheel in VersaMark and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder. The focal element is a Spellbinders Shapeabilities Renaissance Hearts Pendant. The blue die-cut pendant was cut from a piece of glossy card stock which was smooched with Denim and Cloudy Blue Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink, then covered with a piece of Grafix Double Tack Mounting Film and liberally sprinkled with DecoArt Glamour Dust. The white die-cut element used the exact same technique except the glossy card stock was smooched with Pearl and Silver Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Mixatives. The sentiment is Stampabilities Changes Everything stamped in Jet Black StazOn on a scrap of Stampin' Up Whisper White and mounted on another piece of smooched and glittered glossy card stock. The ribbon is Celebrate It Sheer Creations from Michaels. Square cut outs, leftover from the die-cut, were affixed to both the pendant and sentiment elements.

I decided that my best card would be one made from all my favourite things. I love using Ranger's Alcohol Inks as the effect is so beautiful and the paper never turns out the same way twice. I also love anything that is Glamour Dusted as that sparkle is just gorgeous. More favourites, the Cornelli Lace Wheel, Silver Pearl embossing powder, Spellbinders dies, the sentiment and the ribbon. All together, I think it makes a very beautiful wedding card.

I hope you enjoy, cross your fingers and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

5 comments:

  1. How fun... love the dimensions:-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool texture. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! Good luck with the challenge! And thanks for stopping by my blog...Hugs...Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your lovely comments.Your card is lovely especially the lace wheel..Good luck to you in the contest :)Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gisele (my keyboard won't allow the accent over your e sorry)
    I thank you for the wonderful comment you left about my wedding card entries. I actually remember her card entry because it was one of the cards that stood out in my mind the night I browsed the Caardvarks sight!
    I was having trouble with my computer or the sight and was unable to leave a comment on your sight. I wanted to though. I think your entry is gorgeous and my kind of card! Your work is very creative and please don't stop doing what you do! I am an addict like you and it's nice to know that there are others out there to share with.
    Thanks Again,
    PawwPadd
    http://www.pawwpadd-caseyspitterpatterchatter.blogspot.com
    My sister also has a card addict's blog and here is her address: http://www.aoneofakinddesignbyrachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete