Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Sympathy

Hello everyone,

I will apologize in advance for yet another sympathy card but truly, I sell at least one a week and have a hard time keeping them in stock. I used this week's i{heart}2stamp sketch challenge. It will go towards my entry for the incredible blog candy Jen del Muro is giving away.


The card base is from Recollections. The remaining paper is Stampin' Up Whisper White, Basic Black and Elegant Eggplant. The Elegant Eggplant strip was textured with Sizzix Flourish. The image is Verve Filigree Fantasy. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warmest Regards.

I'm very pleased with this sympathy card. I think the colour combination is very classic and the sketch is simple enough to make this a very suitable card without being dreary and heavy.

I also want to admit that I my very first Verve stamps just arrived in the mail today and I just had to use them. I fell in love with the Thankful Hearts set through Jackie Pedro's The Scalloped Edge blog. When I went to the Verve site, I had to practise some serious restraint as there were so many sets that really appealed to me. I am not disappointed and can't wait to get creative.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment