Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sweet Birthday

Hello everyone,

I can't believe I actually had to miss a day yesterday, it was a really busy Saturday. I spent an inordinate amount of time hooking up my new washer and dryer. I'm also in the process of organizing my craft area, yet again. I think organizing is part and parcel of paper crafting as I always seem to be moving things around, trying to make things simpler.

Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch was really appealing so it became the inspiration for this card.


The card base is from Recollections. The horizontal strips are from my paper stash, bought so long ago that the packaging is long, long gone. I'm pretty sure I bought it at Loblaws Superstore but beyond that I've no idea. The solid blue vertical element is Stampin' Up Brocade Blue textured with Sizzix Diamonds. The sentiment is Studio G Clear Stamps on a scrap piece of Whisper White.

I really wanted to make a male Birthday card because I never have enough and for some reason I find them a challenge. This card though, worked beautifully. I have not done a Sweet Sunday Sketch in a while but I highly recommend them if you're looking for inspiration.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. masculine cards are hard, aren't they! no flowers or pink! this blue card will make a guy very happy on his birthday!

    ReplyDelete