Sunday, May 16, 2010

1920s Inspired

Hello everyone,

Today's card was a real challenge. Last Monday's 365 Cards asked for a card inspired by the 1920s. Well, my knowledge of the 1920s is limited so I had to do a bit of research. Let me just say, there is a ton of inspiration from the 1920s - Art Deco, Art Nouveau, architecture, fashion, Lalique, Tiffany, the Group of Seven - the list goes on and one. I had in my outline sticker stash some Art Deco flowers that I decided to use on vellum for a stained glass effect.

The red layer is BasicGrey Bittersweet. The bottom layer is Stampin' Up Basic Black. The top layer is Stampin' Up Shimmery White. The image is a Starform outline sticker - Deco Flower Design - placed on a piece of vellum and coloured with Faber-Castell markers. The embellishments are cream mosaic Crystal Stickers.

I love this card. The 1920s are filled with inspiration. The colours are so rich and the card is beautifully simple. I recently discovered these embellishments stickers and they are awesome. You'll see them again.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment