Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christmas Stripes

Hello everyone,

There have been so many great sketches over the past few days it's been hard to stay focused. I just had to give Mercy's Tuesday Sketch a try this week. I also decided to pair it with Sunday's Pile It On challenge which was to use four or more embossing folders.

The card base is from Strathmore. The background paper is Sandylion Poinsettia Swirl. The vertical stripes are Close To My Heart Vineyard Berry textured with four of Cuttlebug's Winter Wonderland embossing folders and Cuttlebug's Holly embossing folder. The sentiment is Annabelle Holly Branch stamped on a scrap of Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on a scrap of Handsome Hunter. The ribbon is Wrights Matte Gold. The embellishments are from Multicrafts.

This card is as good as I'd pictured in my mind. I loved the sketch when I first saw and I loved it even more when I had the card made. I thought the different Cuttlebug would be just strange but I think doing it in all the same paper made it work.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card - great use of the embossing!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete