Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Metallic Christmas

Hello everyone,

There are literally hundreds of card and paper challenges online and some of them stay in my mind long after the challenge has closed. I just can't make cards for all the challenges that appeal to me during the week. Today's card was inspired by one such challenge. Last Wednesday Susan Raihala's One Layer Wednesday challenge was Heavy Metal - to use something metallic on a one layer card.

The card base is from Strathmore. The image is from Inkadinkado, stamped with Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The sentiment is Cornish Heritage Farms Christmas Expressions. The embellishments are Jolee's Jewels.

I love, love, love this card. It is simple and elegant and beautiful. This image appealed to me from the first moment I saw it and I can't wait to explore all its possibilities. It is certainly suited for some bling embellishments. I just have to mention my favourite embossing powder, CTMH Silver Pearl. It creates a different look depending upon the base ink colour. This embossing powder is amazing! Of course, no clean and simple card is easy - this one took me three tries.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment