Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Romantic Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for the wife of a newly married colleague whose birthday is this weekend. He wanted something romantic but said his wife wasn't really 'girly'. I used Monday's Lunchtime Sketch as a starting point.

The background paper is Close To My Heart Garden Green, textured with Sizzix Ivy Flourishes and highlighted with Shimmerz Gold Glimmer. The horizontal strips are Basic Grey Marrakesh and Wisteria and a scrap of gold of unknown origin. The image is Gina K Hope Grows stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. It is stamped on a white scrap of unknown origin, layered on a piece of black also of unknown origin and cut with Spellbinders Label Sixteen. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short & Sweet. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Pearl and Licorice Opaques.

I really like this card and I think it fits the bill for my colleague, but it was sure hard to come by. I wasn't happy with anything that I pulled together tonight. In the end, I think it is a nice balance of romantic without the frou frou. I certainly would be happy if my better half gave it to me.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, love the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this week, I am sure you colleague will love the card (his wife anyway)

    ReplyDelete