Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Papa

Hello everyone,

As this post title suggests, today's card is for my Father's birthday which we are celebrating next weekend. He is turning 70. I used last Wednesday's Truly Scrumptious challenge, a birthday card, and sketch to get started.

The background paper is DCWV Retro Prints. The horizontal layers are Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, textured with Cuttlebug's Birds & Swirls, and Ruby Red, bordered with Martha Stewart's Optic Drop punch. The cardinals are cut from Ruby Red with Spellbinders Cardinal Family die and highlighted with Black Soot Stickles. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Riveting stamped on a scrap of Whisper White. The ribbon is Offray Sidesaddle.

My dad will love this card! It is perfect for him. He has always had a great affinity for animals and nature and the last couple of decades has been especially interested in birds. I bought the cardinal dies because I thought I'd be able to craft all kinds of neat things for him. I don't think I'll be disappointed.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Gisele. I love the colours and texture. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful diecuts! Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete