Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Holidays

Hello everyone,

For the last card of 2010, I've finally managed to squeeze in a holiday card. This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge from Jennifer Sytles was to use only one stamp image (could be used multiple times), a sentiment and only two ink colours. I was rather stumped at first but once I found the image I wanted to use, the card came together beautifully.

The card base is from Recollections. The image is Stampin' Up Paisley Prints stamped in Nick Bantock Chartreuse Leaf. The sentiment is Expressions In Ink 4-in-1 Holidays stamped in Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler.

I love paisley as much as I love holly and when I first saw this set, I just had to get it. I love these trees which are just perfect for this challenge. I only wish I could embellishment just a wee bit.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card - Christmas treees are always a favourite with me! I love the paisley effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Clean and simple. Lovely, lovely card!

    Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW34!

    ReplyDelete