Monday, December 27, 2010

Merrily Monochromatic

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Ours was really lovely, just full of family, and very special. I took a couple of days off blogging to just enjoy it all. As I mentionned earlier, I've depleted my Christmas card stash this year so I need to start rebuilding. Frankly, I'm also no where near ready to put away my Christmas stamps and paper.

One of the blogs I've followed regularly the past couple of years is Carrdvarks. Unfortunately, they've decided to end their monthly challenges so I decided I really wanted to participate in the last challenge which, for December was to craft a monochromatic project.


The background paper is Close To My Heart Garnet which was stamped with Annabelle Stamps Holly Branch in VersaMark. The squares are Canford gold and K & Company Glad Tidings. The embellishments are Buttercup Oregon Raindrops. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Warm Words.

This is a very classy and elegant card. It isn't what I first pictured in my mind but I love how it turned out none-the-less. Burgundy and gold is a lovely combination and I think this works reasonably well as a monochromatic card.

I will miss the Caardvarks challenges and I wish everyone associated with the blog all the best in their future endeavors.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment