Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Star

Hello everyone,

Well, I think I've somewhat recovered from Saturday's Crop Til You Drop. What a perfect day. It was a pretty successful fundraiser and I think everyone had a really nice time. There were some pretty spectacular projects completed through the day including the scrapbook page below which won first prize in our best page contest.

Today's card is an apology. My colleague who commissioned the valentine that I posted on Saturday didn't get her card on time because I was ill and couldn't get it to her. That just sucks. So I'm going to try and make amends by giving her a birthday card for her hubby along the same lines.


The background paper is Stampin' Up Taken With Teal upon which is layered a piece of gold of unknown origin. The horizontal strips are DCWV Rock Star. The focal image is Stampin' Up Starring You heat embossed with Close To My Heart gold embossing powder.

I love this card. This teal patterned paper and gold works really well together. I love this layout as well. It is simple yet the gold makes it seem much really rich. Even the skulls don't seem off-putting. This card is, of course, as out of the ordinary as the valentine I made and I hope that it will be a suitable apology.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.


Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment