Sunday, March 13, 2011

For You

Hello everyone,

I've got two cards for you on this mellow Sunday afternoon. The images are some of the watercolour crayon techniques that I was playing with yesterday. I warned you that I've a ton of watercolour paper I need to use.

The background layer is Stampin' Up Really Rust. The patterned paper is BasicGrey Green At Heart. The image, Gina K Hope Grows, is stamped with More Mustard and Real Red watercolour crayons. The image is affixed to a layer of More Mustard and Really Rust paper. The papers were cut with Martha Stewart's Quilted Edge punch. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Just Believe in Early Espresso. The entire card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.


The background paper is Stampin' Up So Saffron. The patterned paper is BasicGrey Granola. The image, Impression Obsession Frills, is stamped with Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke and Garden Green watercolour crayons. The image is layered on a Elegant Eggplant paper and is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Vintage Labels. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value. The embellishments are Crafts Gem Chic from the dollar store.

I love these cards. Yesterday I was so frustrated by the watercoloured images but once I properly gauged the amount of water needed, they just came out beautifully. I think my new favourite tool is the Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. It makes it so very, very easy to add some sparkle and the results are spectacular.

I hope you enjoy these cards and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment