Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flowery Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for one of my very best friends. Her favourite flowers are pansies so I specifically tailored Friday's Clean & Simple Stamping sketch for her.

The card base is from Recollections. The base layer is DCWV Floral Prints. The top layer is Stampin' Up Certainly Celery textured with Sizzix Flowers dry embossing folder. The pansies are watercolour paper, coloured with Tombow markers, spritzed with water then glittered with DecoArt Glamour Dust after which I applied Peel-Offs outline stickers. The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages. The embellishments are Hero Arts gold Metallic Décor.

I love how much this card evokes springtime. I know my girlfriend will absolutely love it! Glamour-dusted paper and outline stickers are one of my favourite techniques. The shine and sparkle are beautiful. This was the perfect technique for pansies.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment