Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pearly Christmas

Hello everyone,

I wanted to go a little less traditional with this Christmas card. I thought I had, but in the end, I really didn't!

The background paper is Stampin' Up Pool Party. The printed paper is Fancy Pants On The Tree layered on Early Espresso. The Recollections Pearlized Gold border is Sizzix Tree Christmas With Flourish layered on Early Espresso. The sentiment is Penny Black Christmas Flourish stamped in Very Vanilla with Early Espresso and layered on more Early Espresso. The embellishments are Recollections Rhinestone Stickers.

I love, love, love this card. The colours are not at all traditional but the elements are quite traditional. The pearlized gold paper has to be one of my favourite papers. It is actually a card base that I've broken down. All the papers are leftovers except for the Pool Party which is one of this year's 'In Colours' from Stampin' Up. I don't always buy the 'In Colours' because I don't wanted to end up with a bunch of leftovers that I'm not crazy about but every once in a while I love the colours so much I just can't resist. The sentiment is borrowed from a girlfriend whose just recently gotten into card making. I fell in love with it from the moment I saw the first card she made with it. I think I'll have to put it on my wish list.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Gisele. I love the non traditional, yet classy look of this card. Colours are beautiful. Luckie

    ReplyDelete