Saturday, October 22, 2011

Princess

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by a colleague who needed a birthday card for her boss. Her boss actually refers to herself as a princess and likes having a big deal made of her birthday - ego much???


The printed paper and die cut are My Mind's Eye Lost & Found and Stampin' Up Early Espresso. The sentiment is Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques. The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen and LuminArte Cherry Sorbet Twinkling H2Os.

I was rather troubled about this card considering it's for a grown woman who considers herself a princess and likes Harry Potter. I decided my best bet was to go for 'shabby chic' but I don't necessarily do 'shabby chic' all that well. Thank goodness for these antiqued papers from My Mind's Eye. Once I found them the card came together easily. The best part, I really like the paper so I won't have any problem using the rest of them in a few cards. Just goes to show the versatility of cardmaking - you can really create whatever comes to mind.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment