Thursday, December 29, 2011

Butterfly Beauty 1

Hello everyone,

Right off I'm going to say "I'm sorry". I really thought I'd avoid doing a one sheet wonder for a while figuring you'd be bloody sick and tired of seeing them. I wasn't going to do it. I really wasn't. I am.

One of my neighbors, who I recently discovered is also a card maker, is arranging for me to spend a Saturday with her and her friends to show them how to do this great series of quick and easy cards. Of course, I just need to have some finished cards to show them. I also have other plans for these cards. A very talented woman who does all my picture framing gave me a great deal on some recent framing and, knowing she has a thing for butterflies, I want to send her some handmade cards as a thank you. Also, my mother has asked me to craft an assortment of cards for my great Aunt. I figure I'll split this one sheet wonder series between the two once I've finished the upcoming class.


The printed paper is K&Company SW Nature Butterfly. The background paper is Stampin' Up Blue Bayou textured with Craft Concepts Wings embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen. The sentiment is from Magenta stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Licorice Opaques.

This is some of the most beautiful paper I've ever come across. These watery butterflies and positively spectacular. I just can't wait to craft the next card if only to see how it turns out. I think it is going to be a challenge to choose who is going to get which cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment