Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Butterfly Beauty

Hello everyone,

Every since I learned the tip about using wax paper when cutting with intricate dies, I've needed no excuses to play with some of my more complex dies.  I've kind of been avoiding them because it can be so hard, if not impossible, to get the paper out of the die in one piece.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Berry Blossoms layered on Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade.  The butterfly is a Spellbinders Wings of Hope die, cut in Wisteria Wonder and spritzed with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up All Holidays stamped in Nick Bantock Chartreuse Leaf on Whisper White and layered on Lucky Limeade.  The embellishments are Martha Stewart Pastel Mini Pearls.

Isn't this butterfly incredible?  The photo really doesn't do it justice as the Glimmer Mist adds a beautiful sheen to the Wisteria Wonder.  I loved being able to add these pearls to the butterfly, it was a great die with which to embellish.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty Mother's Day card. I love the fun layout and the papers you used. That is a really pretty butterfly. I have been using the wax paper too, and it makes a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete