Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Stripes

Hello everyone,

Today's I'm posting niece birthday card number three.  I used the same brand of patterned paper and a sparkly butterfly die as yesterday's so there is a very similar feeling but it really is two very different cards.


The patterned paper is Me & My Big Ideas Mambi Sheets layered on Recollections pink, Stampin' Up Summer Sun and a green and blue of unknown origin.  The butterfly is a Spellbinders Wonderful Wings die cut from a scrap of colour-washed glittered watercolour paper.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Small Greetings stamped in Stampin' Up Melon Mambo on Whisper White layered on Recollections pink and Summer Sun.  The embellishments are Autumn Leaves adhesive gems.  The sentiment and butterfly is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

I think this is another really fun card.  It is going to be wonderful for one of my nieces (I'm not yet sure which one).  This is really fabulous paper for these types of cards and coordinates really well with a whole bunch of different colours.  Now if only they made a paper of boy paper along these lines.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty and fun. I love the paper and the layout..Great butterfly..It reminds me of the 60's..

    ReplyDelete