Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wedding Roses

Hello everyone,

Well my repeating streak has come to an end!  I managed to make nine very different cards carrying over a different element for each card.  I had to make a card for a black and white wedding with red roses.  I intended to carry over the black from yesterday's card but it was the 'right' tone of black.  It was a great exercise that I know I'll try again at some point.


The background is Stampin' Up Basic Black layered on a shimmery red of unknown origin.  The roses are Close To My Heart Card Word Puzzle painted with LuminArte Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os.  The vertical strip is a shimmery white of unknown origin textured with Cuttlebug's Organic Flourish embossing folder.  The sentiment is Penny Black Full of Life stamped in Onyx Black Versafine on Whisper White.

I'm not sure about this card and will be getting some opinions tomorrow before I hand it over to the girls for signing.  I love the concept, I'm just not crazy about the painting.  It was really challenging to get this very dark colour to cover evenly.  Maybe I should have just stamped the roses in the shimmery red???  You may be getting a repeat of this particular card if I decide to make a second attempt on these flowers.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment