Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Little Bits

Hello everyone,

Since I finished the Christmas In July series, I've been going through my scrap bin looking for bits and pieces to use on 3X3 gift cards.  I won't post those cards, there is just too many.  I did find some interesting things in the bins however and you'll be seeing a number of little bits over the next while.


The card base is DCWV Textured cards.  The printed paper is of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Denami Upright Happy Birthday stamped in Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi on Whisper White.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

It seems that whenever I'm scrambling to put a card together, I turn to a favourite, tried and true layout and this card is no exception.  I really like this vertical sentiment with a few embellishments as accent.  This just works for me.  The card base was in my scrap bin because I was playing with an embossing folder and it just didn't work.  I put it aside to eventually do a cover-up.  The embossing is still evident on the inside where it works.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty card that I'm sure was simple to make but it doesn't strike one as a hasty card--it looks good. I agree that when pressed for time (which is about always) the tried and true comes out. For me the stamps change out all the time, but the overall layout...that is what stays the same.

    ReplyDelete