Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bygone Wishes

Hello everyone,

I was in the mood for something different.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Spice Cake layered on Soft Suede and Pool Party.  The image and sentiment is Gina K Block Greetings stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla and layered on Pool Party and more Soft Suede.  The embellishments are Queen & Co Pearls.

I've no commissions at the moment and no upcoming important dates so today's card was crafter's choice and I was in the mood for some modern vintage.  I love the designs and colours in this Spice Cake paper.  It gets me thinking of the decor in an old prairie farm house.  This is such a warm and grandmotherly card.  I think it's the lovely pattern and the earth tones.  It doesn't help that I'm on a western romance reading kick...

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Fun colors in this card. My first choice would not have been the pool party--I mean I wouldn't have even though of it, but it works so well with the pattern so I have no idea why I wouldn't have put it together. Love the look of this card and you nailed the grandmotherly vintage modern look (the grandmother that bakes homemade cookies and has a heavy metal ringtone on her cell phone!).

    ReplyDelete