Monday, July 1, 2013

Canadian Red

Hello everyone,

Well, it is that time of year when I SPI celebrates 'Christmas In July'.  For the entire month, I'll be crafting Christmas cards.  In deference to today's Canada Day holiday, I've used only red and white for today's card.


The printed papers are Bazzill Basics Glazed Christmas and American Crafts Jolly Paper layered on Stampin' Up Real Red.  The sentiment is Rubber Cafe G-751 Merry Christmas stamped in Real Red on Whisper White.  The ribbon is Michael's Basic Basic.  The embellishments are Pebbles Pearl Candy Dots.

This is such a great start to 'Christmas In July'  The red and white is so Canadian!  I've always been inclined to many layers on my cards but recently have started playing with patterns.  This is the perfect example and it certainly doesn't disappoint.

Christmas cards are my absolute favourite to craft.  I've found some great Christmas papers over the last few months and I just can't wait to get started.  There are going to be some really awesome cards over the next few weeks.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Christmas cards already! I mean I know about the whole Christmas in July push, I'm just in denial that it is July already. Very pretty card and the various patterns go so well together.

    ReplyDelete