Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Bright Blades

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another in the Christmas commission for one of my colleagues.  It didn't come together easily.


The printed paper is Bella Blvd Winter Wonder layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede and a textured red of unknown origin.  The Soft Suede layer was textured with Couture Creations Drink Me embossing folder and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The hemp is Darice.  The embellishment is EK Success Harvests Dots.

I think I must have tried at least four iterations of this card before settling on this layout.  No sentiment cards are not quick and simple cards.  I hope this looks like a gift because that was my final intention.  This hemp is super fine so it adds no bulk to the card.  The embellishment is super flat for the same reason.  I highlighted the insides of the circles on the embossed Soft Suede layer so it would look like the skates had made the circles.  I don't know if it will be that obvious.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment