Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Flourishing Flowers

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses a scrap of paper that I've always loved, until I get it on a card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Recollections pale blue and white.  The image is Impression Obsession Large Flourishes stamped in Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi and highlighted with Pentel Sunburst Metallic Silver Gel pen and Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Sweet Essentials also stamped in Wild Wasabi.  The ribbon is Crafts.

I love this paper but I hate working with it because I can't seem to coordinate either the images or the colours.  In this case, I think the stamped flourishes do a pretty fair job.  I wasn't at all pleased with the results until I added this dollar store ribbon.  For some reason, it brought the card together.  The ribbon's thin silver border also inspired the silver highlights on the flourishes.  I've only one or two small scraps of this paper left and now that I've figured out what to do with it, I can't wait to finally use it all up.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the prettiest paper is the hardest to work with. You definitely got it together good here. The ribbon ties it together (oooh. a pun)

    ReplyDelete