Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bold Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's card is another case from Pinterest that I've been dying to try.  It didn't quite work as intended but I'm very pleased with the results none-the-less.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Cheerful Treat whose bottom edge was punched with a Retro Flower border punch.  The butterflies were cut from Pink Pirouette, Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade with an EK Success Butterfly punch.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thoughtful Messages stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White.  The embellishments are Queen & Co Iridescent Rhinestones.

This card is so very bright and cheerful that I just can't help but be pleased with it even though the results are not exactly what I intended.  The top of the butterflies are suppose to form a border with the punched piece affixed separately to the bottom of the card.  I'll have to try again.  I almost used a birthday greeting but I've so many female birthday cards in my stash I really didn't need another.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments: