Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sensational Swallowtail

Hello everyone,

I knew when I bought this stamp that I would craft some pretty awesome cards, I didn't realize just how beautiful they would be and it amazes me!


The printed paper is K&Company SW Nature layered on Close To My Heart Twilight and Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The image is Stampin' Up Swallowtail heat embossed with with embossing powder.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Twilight ink and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is Michael's Celebrate It.

I basically cased tonight's card from this card by my Stampin' Up rep, Cynthia.  I love, love, love this card!  This stamp is utterly beautiful and though somewhat challenging to use, it's absolutely worth the aggravation.  I've found that using my Fiskars stamp press really helps get a better impression with any large stamp.  Like the stamp positioner, once you get into the swing of using the stamp press, you wonder how you lived without it.  I've also applied Stampin' Up 2-way glue to my Stampin' Up clear mount stamps as it helps them stay stuck on my acrylic blocks.  There is nothing worse than having an inked stamp fall off the block just as you're about to put it to paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. So you stamped directly onto the patterned paper and embossed? It love it! I have this stamp, had to have it, but have yet to use it. I am still happy to have it though and one of these days....

    ReplyDelete