Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Scene of Sympathy

Hello everyone,

I thought I would try a little different sympathy card.  It's one I've been thinking about for a while.


The images are Stampin' Up Scene In A Garden and Branch Out stamped on Recollections Vanilla.  The image was stamped and coloured in Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Pool Party, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Faber-Castell markers, and Rebhan watercolour paints.  The butterflies were highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The scene is layered on a piece of brown of unknown origin and a green from Generations Traditional Stackers.  The sentiment is Gina K Garden Silhouettes stamped in Early Espresso.

I don't often craft cards with scenes as I'm terrible at colouring.  This is the second attempt.  I'm not all that confident in the scale but I really wanted to see if it could work.  It's not bad.  I used a variety of colouring mediums because I find I'm so much better with inks and watercolour paints than with markers.  I know practice would resolve the marker issues but try as I might, I'm never happy with the results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! I know scenery stamping isn't in your usual repertoire, but you do well with with it!

    ReplyDelete