Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hints Of Silver

Hello everyone,

I decided that after the last few super traditional Christmas cards, I needed to do something a little less traditional.


The printed paper is American Crafts Jolly.  The image is Stampin' Up Scandinavian Season stamped in Mossy Meadow on Recollections White, heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder, and layered on more Recollections White.  The sentiment is Bonnidee C'est Noel stamped in Color Box Silver and Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey and highlighted with Pentel Sunburst Silver and Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is Crafts.  The embellishment is Recollections Silver Glitter Adhesive Dots.

I've always loved this particular Christmas Tree stamp but don't use it all that often because I find it hard to balance.  I'd hoped that by placing the bow and sentiment towards the bottom of the card it would help and I think it did.  I had a bit of hard time finding the right gray ink to stand out against the printed paper.  I didn't want to use black ink so got out my highlighting pens.  It still isn't as pronounced as the image suggests but it's there.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment