Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Conundrum

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago, a friend of ours turned 50.  Her husband organized a surprise birthday party and got her, but good!  Today's post is the card I crafted for her milestone birthday.


The printed paper is Close To My Heart Miracle layered on Sweet Leaf and Crystal Blue.  The images are Stampin' Up Sweet Summer stamped in Sweet Leaf and Baja Breeze on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday stamped in Nick Bantock Charcoal Grey and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Kaisercraft Denim pearls.

This particular friend doesn't ever come across as particularly girly but I've never met someone who was as engaging, loyal or supportive.  She makes me smile every time I see her.  I thought this card was a great mix of soft and sweet but strong and solid all at the same time.  A bit of a conundrum, much like our friend.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment