Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Sister!

Hello everyone,

Today's post is for the birthday card I crafted for my sister whose birthday is actually today!


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a red, also of unknown origin, and Gina K Sweet Corn.  The images are Close To My Heart You Are Beautiful stamped in Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, River Rock and Ruby Red on Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is Woodware Going To Seed.

My sister has a beautiful print of poppies in her home.  This paper and the stamped images reminded me of that print.  I knew when I saw this paper that I would use it for one of her cards.  This stamp is a two-step image which I'm so fond of at the moment.  To add some additional interest to the stamped image, I decide to try multiple impressions after only one inking.  Except for the flower in the top left, I think it was a very effective technique.  Even though that top left image is really dark, it still works great!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment