Saturday, October 4, 2014

Oh Oscar Baby!

Hello everyone,

Today's card was commissioned by a colleague and it's just fun!


The printed paper is BoBunny Hip Hip Hooray Primary Stripe layered on a piece of My Mind's Eye from an unknown collection.  Oscar was built from a variety of punched scraps of unknown origin.  The garbage can was crafted from a shimmery grey of unknown origin and textured with a Quickutz Stripes Label embossing folder.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Whisper White.

My colleague commissioned this card for a friend who is having a baby boy who will be named Oscar.  The name is prompting an overall Oscar theme for this yet-to-be born baby boy.  My colleague asked if there was a way to craft a card along the Oscar theme and I found this post via Pinterest, which was exactly what I had in mind.  It is extremely rare for me to craft this type of card but I couldn't think of any other way to craft Oscar!  This was so much fun, I think I'd like to try some of the other Sesame Street punched characters and other ideas shared by Patti Lee.  I love this unusual baby card!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment