Saturday, November 15, 2014

Poinsettia Collection I

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine recently discovered some of the poinsettia cards I've been posting and requested a set for herself.  I had a great time going through all my poinsettia stamps to craft her a series of great cards that I will be posting over the next few days.


The printed paper is K&Company SW Glad Tidings layered on textured red and green Bazzill.  The image is Stampin' Up Watercolor Winter stamped in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Bravo Burgundy, Ridinghood Red and Always Artichoke on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Bazzill and Recollections.  The sentiment is Bonnidee Xmas Wording 3 stamped in Early Espresso and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are ZVA Creative jewels.

This is, by far, my favourite poinsettia stamp.  The two layers make for beautiful results every single time.  It was this particular set that got me hooked on two-step stamps.  I wanted to creative some extra interest by stamping the flowers in different colours but the Cherry Cobbler came out much darker than I wanted.  It's still interesting, just darker than I wanted.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment