Friday, January 9, 2015

Rocking Ikat

Hello everyone,

Today's card uses a new stamp set that I'd had my eye on for a while but was trying to resist. Obviously I caved!


The image is Avery Elle Ikat stamped in Stampin' Up Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow and Lost Lagoon on Recollections Vanilla, and layered on Lost Lagoon, Recollections Vanilla, Mossy Meadow and Blackberry Bliss.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Oh Happy Day stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone strips.

Every now and again I craft a card that leaves me in awe.  This is one of those cards.  Ikat is a pattern that I've only become aware of in the past couple of years (its not paisley but there is a paisley ikat stamp in the add-on set which I also bought) and there is something I find very appealing about it.  I could have affixed the stamped panel vertically but the sentiment is hiding a less than perfect impression.  I also debated adding the gems but I intended this to be a feminine card, though it could have easily been a masculine card.  I image a masculine version is in the works on the weekend.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment