Monday, March 9, 2015

Burnished Thank You

Hello everyone,

I'm working away on the rather significant batch of thank you cards needed for the many people who helped my girlfriend and I with our recent fundraiser.


The image is Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope stamped in StazOn Timber Brown on a piece of glossy paper smooshed with Pink Sherbert, Shell Pink, Watermelon and Gold Mixative Ranger Alcohol ink.  The image element was layered on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and a copper paper of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Expressions stamped in Timber Brown on Very Vanilla, layered on more copper and Vanilla, and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The ribbon is American Crafts.  The embellishments are Forever In Time Rhinestone Medley.

My first go at this card was to see what I could do with my new Stampin' Up Blendabilities markers and some alcohol ink blending solution.  It didn't go well.  I turned to my trusty alcohol inks for a cover up operation and the results were fabulous.  I love the shimmer of the alcohol inked glossy paper and the big blooms of the images.  It seemed only natural to add this sparkly ribbon and a few rhinestones.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment