Friday, March 13, 2015

Man Thanks III

Hello everyone,

Today's post is the last of the masculine thank you cards I've been crafting.


The printed paper is BasicGrey Oxford layered on K&Company Julianne.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Thank You Words stamped in Midnight Muse on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment element is layered on another piece of Recollections Vanilla that was stamped with Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge in More Mustard, Not Quite Navy and Ruby Red, and layered on more Julianne.  The embellishments are from Fabricland.

In my mind this is one really ugly plain.  Notwithstanding the ugliness, I wanted to challenge myself to craft a great card.  I succeeded!  I used the lines stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge set to replicate the lines in the printed paper and I think they speak really well to each other.  I actually had a hard time finding solid papers with which to layer because there were so many colours from which to choose.  Something I didn't expect when I decided to go this route.  A happy surprise because this card turned into a real favourite.  Just goes to show you can craft something beautiful from something ugly.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment