Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Plum Perfect

Hello everyone,

As I was playing with butterfly stamps for yesterday's card, I made this wonderful layer that I couldn't wait to use.


The image is Stampendous Butterfly Trio stamped in Close To My Heart Smokey Plum on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Smokey Plum.  The darkest butterfly image is highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.  The sentiment is Creative Vision Simply Said also stamped in Smokey Plum on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Smokey Plum and Recollections Vanilla.

I've seen this super easy technique many, many times but frankly, have never thought to actually try it.  I stamped multiple impressions of the butterfly image after inking only a single time.  I thought this would be a great technique with this particular image and it would be really interesting to see how it would work with all the overlapping impressions.  It turned out even better than I could have hoped!  I decided at last minute to do the Wink of Stella highlight and that only added to the great results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment