Monday, April 20, 2015

Spring Fling

Hello everyone,

I'm going to have even more of the alcohol inked paper for you.  My girlfriend and I got together on Sunday and played with my stash of ink.  The results were stupendous!


The Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper is layered on Close To My Heart Buttercup and Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding.  The images are Stampin' Up Bloom With Hope and Happy Watercolor stamped in Certainly Celery and Daffodil Delight on Recollections White, highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999, and layered on more Buttercup.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots.

The beautiful greens and yellows in this inked paper so reminded me of spring that I decided it was the perfect theme for a card.  It's so bright and fresh it just puts me in a happy place after our long, cold winter.  It took me a bit to find flowers that I was happy with, I was going to use the Lotus Blossom stamp but I am having a really hard time getting the ink colours right with that stamp.  I don't have a lot of yellow inks to choose from so I was rather limited from the get go.  I debated the embellishments - pearls, bling, dots - so many choices.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. Loving all these cards with these fabulous back grounds. You are so talented. I must try this one day soon. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete