Monday, June 1, 2015

Brotherly Birthday

Hello everyone,

My wonderful brother will be celebrating his birthday in a couple of weeks so I had to craft him a very special card.


The images are Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Crushed Curry, Elegant Eggplant, and Glorious Green on Recollections White and layered on Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Loved Ones stamped in Elegant Eggplant on Recollections White and layered on more Crushed Curry.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

My brother spent some really wonderful years in New Orleans so I often turn to Mardi Gras themed cards.  This particular card uses the gold, green and purple colours of Mardi Gras.  I seriously love the Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamps in these colours.  I used Crushed Curry to layer because it was the ink I used with the smallest splatter stamp and I wanted to make the colour pop.  I think it worked quite well.  I kept the brads small and gold because my brother is out of town and I didn't want too much thickness to have to mail.  I'm pretty sure he'll appreciate his card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment