Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Poinsettia Pleasure

Hello everyone,

Some of the last few Christmas In July cards make use of the dies I've been acquiring over the past little while.  I've had quite a bit of fun with them so I decided to keep going and see how my mojo flowed.


The printed paper is K&Company Susan Winget Glad Tidings layered a textured red Bazzill.  The die cut is Cottage Cutz Winter Poinsettia Bouquet cut from textured red and green Bazzill and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Denami Designs stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishments are Crafts Rhinestone Stickers.

I quite like the size and delicacy of this die cut.  I hesitated to get it at first because, for whatever reason, I didn't want to just use the die cut in a single colour.  I then realized that I just had to die cut in both colours and adhere the red flowers over the green stems.  It's completely logical but it just didn't register with me until I started playing with my Christmas dies.  I feel rather dumb admitting it but figure I'm probably not the only person out there thinking this.  I did use a green background because the flowers don't perfectly cover the green underneath and it doesn't show quite so starkly against this subtly printed paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment