Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pretty As A Postcard

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas postcard-inspired card is vintage in the extreme.


The printed paper is Kaisercraft Twig & Berry layered on a textured red of unknown origin.  The image is Inkadinkado stamped in Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more textured red.

I was so happy with yesterday's card that I knew I had to move in an entirely different direction for today's card otherwise I'd try a repeat and fail miserably.  I rather liken it to cleaning my mojo palate.  I have a number of these large vintage image stamps which make for quick and easy cards.  This particular image couldn't work better with the postmark background paper.  With an image this size, no embellishments are needed, though, I could have added some glitter to the tree.  I used the most simple and basic of layout, again because of the size and detail of the image.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle



No comments:

Post a Comment