Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Reindeer Row

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas In July card is so much more impressive in real life than in this photo.


The background image is Stampin' Up Watercolor Wash stamped in Illuminate ink.  The image is Penny Black Joyous stamped in Midnight Muse.  The sentiment is Wordsworth Merry Christmas stamped in StazOn Midnight Muse.  The embellishments are Royal Blue Liquid Pearls.

I bought the Illuminate ink on a whim because it sounded quite interesting.  I've since learned that it works much better on dark card stock.  That being said, I was looking for an interesting background for a simple, non-traditional Christmas card.  This is a watermark ink so it should provide a shimmery, darker tone on tone effect.  It has worked nicely on this card, it just didn't photograph as well as I'd hoped.  This row of reindeer was the perfect excuse to use a horizontal sentiment on the vertical.  I had to figure out some options for embellishments and was please to find these blue Liquid Pearls in my stash.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment