Thursday, July 23, 2015

Vintage Christmas Postage

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas In July card is all about vintage.


 The printed paper is Kaisercraft Christmas Carol layered on Simple Stories December Documented.  The image is Crafty Individuals stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more December Documented.  The banners are punched from December Documented.  The ribbon is of unknown origin.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

I've been so happy with the vintage postcard cards I've been crafting that I decided to play with this stamps stamp that I picked up last year.  It's quite busy but I really like how it pops on this card, even with the busy background paper. It's a really square stamp which doesn't usually cause me problems but in this case, it's an awkward size for the card base I'm using.  I decided to use an offset layout, adding the ribbon and small banners to provide balance.  I think the results are pretty good.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment