Monday, September 21, 2015

Black Magic Butterflies

Hello everyone,

I'm not quite finished playing with the quasi black magic technique.


The images and sentiment are Joy Crafts Clear Stamp Sayings stamped in Ranger Glacier White on Stampin' Up Basic Black and heat embossed in white.  The butterflies are painted with LuminArte Autumn Skies, Playful Peony, Persimmon and Jasmine Twinkling H2Os.  The focal element is layered on Recollections White and more Basic Black.

I love the pop of white against the black and the little hints of colour but I'm not as happy with this effort as I was with the last two cards.  I think there is too much white and not enough colour.  I suspect if I'd used a different image, I'd be much happier with the results.  Goodness knows I've enough butterfly stamps there is an abundance from which to choose.  I decided against adding any embellishment because these three strong elements are more than enough for the eye to take in.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment