Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Painted Poinsettia

Hello everyone,

Today's charity Christmas card is one of those that just amazed me once I'd finished it.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede.  The image is Sweet 'n Sassy Poinsettias stamped on Soft Suede in VersaMark, clear heat embossed, painted with LuminArte Olive Vine and Poppy Red Twinkling H2Os, and highlighted with yellow Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is also Sweet 'n Sassy Poinsettias stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Soft Suede.  The embellishments are Doodlebug mini pearls.

For some unfathomable reason, I've never clear heat embossed then painted Soft Suede.  It's absolutely amazing!  It has some really incredible depth that you just don't find with white and vanilla.  I've little doubt I'll be trying this on other coloured cardstock, if only to see what happens.  This stunning embossed and painted poinsettia is amazing against the printed paper.  One of those cards I could craft over and over again.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment