Saturday, December 12, 2015

Holly Candied Wishes

Hello everyone,

Today's post is quintessential Christmas.


The printed paper is Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Collection "Land of Sweets" layered on Bazzill Cardinal Red.  The image is Impression Obsession Candy Cane stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and coloured with Tombow 177 and 845.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up More Merry Messages also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are TPC Studio Timeless Christmas jewels.

I bought this stamp years ago but have not used it much.  To be frank, I find the shape rather challenging to use, much like the Christmas tree shape.  I have found that offsetting the tree shape works much better for me so that's why I decided to angle the candy cane.  I think, a little more angle would have been even better but it wouldn't have allowed this particular sentiment.  I'm not giving up however, because this is a great image, I just need to play with it some more.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment