Thursday, March 10, 2016

Watercolored Blooms

Hello everyone,

Today's thank you card uses an images that I've had in my stash for months, if not years.


The image is Magenta, coloured with Stampin' Up watercolor crayons, spritzed with water and stamped on watercolour paper.  The layering purple papers are Bazzill.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Thank You messages stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The banners are Ranger Alcohol inked glossy paper.  The embellishments are Majestic Purple Liquid Pearls.

This is an image that I did when I was experimenting with watercolour crayons.  I can't even remember when it was but I know it was a long, long time ago.  The images is a little undefined as I applied too much water but, on the whole, it's not that bad.  This can be a challenging technique.  I find it doesn't work on acrylic stamps, only red rubber.  There is also a very fine line between too much water or not enough.  I always try it on a piece of scrap first, although even that doesn't guarantee results.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment