Sunday, August 21, 2016

All Coppered

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the last of the painted outline sticker cards.  It's a beauty!


The images are Peel Off's Large Flower outline stickers affixed to vellum and painted with LuminArte Coral Berry, Deep Coral, Dreamsicle, Ginger Peach, Mustard Green, Persimmon, Rose Gold and Spiced Pumpkin Twinkling H2Os.  The images are layered on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, an orange of unknown origin, an embossed shimmery copper of unknown origin and Recollections Copper Foil.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate.

From the moment I started painting these flowers I intended this card to be for my eldest sister.  She has a beautiful poppy print that has these coral tones.  Sometimes however the intentions go sideways.  I love this card.  It shimmers, it's colourful, it has great texture but it's not my sister.  I think part of it is that the sentiment should be more to the right and the orange layer is a little too bright.  I'm being much too critical because the photo doesn't do the card justice, it's really not so dark and lovely warm and happy.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment