Monday, August 15, 2016

Sixty Years Strong

Hello everyone,

The aunt of a girlfriend is celebrating her sixtieth year as a nun so she commissioned this special card.


The background layers are a deep red and navy of unknown origin (likely Bazzill).  The background image is Impression Obsession Large Flourishes stamped in Stampin' Up Night of Navy on Whisper White, layered on more navy. and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The focal image is Inkadinkado stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White and also layered on navy.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Night of Navy on Whisper White and layered on more Navy.  The embellishments are Marianne Design Pearl Flowers.

My girlfriend's aunt is a Redemptoristine Sister (also known as Red Nuns) so I drew the colour combination from their habits.  I'm particularly fond of this red and navy together.  The images and embellishments are garden inspired because my girlfriend's aunt has an affinity for gardening.  I have to say the research I did before crafting this card was extremely interesting, hence the link to the Order.  I hope both the recipient and giver are pleased as this is a really momentous occasion.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment