Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Striking Bloom

Hello everyone,

This is the last of the cards that I crafted at last Friday's crop.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket Art Angel layered on Close To My Heart Sorbet.  The image is Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamped in Stampin' Up River Rock and Close To My Heart Cranberry on Recollections Vanilla and die cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday also stamped in Cranberry on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Sorbet.  The embellishments are Crafts.

This is another stamped/die cut image that I did on my MISTI.  It is perfectly aligned!  It was so easy!  No trying to tape down the die and hope it doesn't shift going through the Big Shot!  Yipee!  Practice will definitely make this technique even easier.  Cutting before stamping is so strange after all these years of doing the opposite.  The cut edge on the sentiment was not intended but I misjudged the space needed for the reveal on the vanilla and ended up with a wonky edge.  I'm actually quite pleased that I thought to just trim the corner off.  With the angle of the flower, it really couldn't work any better.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment