Monday, October 31, 2016

Elements Unknown

Hello everyone,

Today's post is an extraordinarily simple yet striking birthday card.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a textured green also of unknown origin.  The sentiment is a die cut of unknown origin cut with a shimmery golden copper of unknown origin.  The sentiment is layered on an ivory and textured brown of unknown origin.

As I was sorting through the multitude of leftover odd and ends, I found this great piece of paper and a number of die cuts.  I dug through the bin of unknown scraps and found a piece of ivory that worked perfectly with the background of the leaf paper.  It struck me that it would make a great masculine birthday card.  I'd intended to have the leaves run vertically but mis-cut the paper.  In the end I decided I could live with the horizontal given all the other elements were also going horizontal.  I love how the sentiment pops and is just a little shiny.  A great result!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment